1. New merchant, Exotic MTG
Fans now have the ability to pay for Exotic MTG merchandise with Apollo.
Exotic MTG has been providing content for like-minded collectors in the “Magic: The Gathering” realm for two years. You can find ExoticMTG on twitch.tv/exoticmtg and youtube.com/exoticmtg opening sealed packs of collectible trading cards often valued at hundreds and even thousands of dollars live on camera.
2. Nasdaq interview air date announced
Apollo has made numerous appearances on Nasdaq, Fox Business News, and Bloomberg. The most recent interview on Nasdaq with Apollo’s PR/Media Director, AJ Mora, will air on September 29th. (Specific air times will be announced).
3. Weekly emails to be resumed
The Apollo team is resuming the Apollo weekly email update to reach those who are not active on social media. Our vision updates will be included in this email in addition to other significant news and announcements that subscribers may have missed on social media.
4. Apollo merchant product highlights
Starting next week the Apollo team will begin highlighting products that can be purchased from merchant partners around the globe. Each spotlight will promote exciting products and services and the companies behind them. We believe that one of the keys to unlocking mass adoption is utility, and our merchant partners are leading the way by choosing to accept Apollo as a method of payment.
5. Planning for DEX listing events has begun
Apollo will be hosting voting events, following the DEX release. This gives communities from other projects around the globe a chance to win a listing on the world’s safest decentralized exchange, Apollo DEX.
6. Major forging incentives coming
The Apollo team has announced a significant increase in forging incentives following DEX release. These changes, once implemented, allow users to generate more APL while forging, making it more profitable than ever, and encouraging the expansion of the Apollo network.
7. Exchange announcements coming
The Apollo team is proud to announce the successful closing of negotiations with a number of larger exchanges. It is anticipated that the majority of these will be announced in the coming weeks.
8. Apollo DEX demo video released
The first sneak peak of the DEX in action was released this week.
This video showcases the power of Atomic Swaps to facilitate trades between two completely separate blockchains. The completion of Atomic Swaps marks a significant milestone as Apollo joins elite few projects that have successfully implemented the technology.
9. DEX development update
As development of the Apollo DEX comes to a close, the Apollo dev team has shifted their focus to testing and quality assurance. The team’s number one priority is to release a safe and functional exchange.
The development team has finished:
- Implementation of a check that depends on the timeout of approving a contract (unblocking orders that were only confirmed by one side)
- Order form auto-completion (proper matching of orders selected by the user from the order book)
- Fixed issues found during regression testing
The development team is working on:
- Trading View implementation
- Logout functionality
- The ability to manage user’s keys with logout functionality
10. Sharding’s continued development
Optimizations for sharding are always ongoing. The following lists recent accomplishments and current priorities.
The current sprint:
- Implement cache service
- Upgrade RestEasy from 3.x to 4.3.x
- Implement export/import of additional tables to separate files in the sharding process
- Randomize trim height on nodes without sharding
- Implement downloading of additional files to shard (prunables, trades, etc.)
- Find and fix problems with shard’s differences related to shufflings
The recent stabilization release included:
- Update of Jetty embedded web client/server with important memory leak fixes
- Update of several other system libraries
- Fixes of sharding process: suspend all peers communication and forging while sharding is in progress
- Blockchain download speed optimization
- Bug fixes in different components
Apollo (APL) all-in-one privacy currency combines features of mainstream cryptocurrencies in an unregulatable platform. With two-second block speed, APL is one of the fastest cryptos on Earth. “Apollonauts” use features such as Encrypted Messaging, Smart Contracts, Decentralized Exchange, Dapps, and Decentralized File Storage.
Learn more at www.apollocurrency.com